no psname was provided - Resolved

Rob Hughes rob at robhughes.com
Sat Jun 12 07:37:17 PDT 2004

Rob Hughes is alleged to have said in cups.general:

> All,
>
> This is driving me nuts. I've ripped out and reinstalled cups,
ghostscript,
> pstools, a2ps, and well, half the packages on my FC2 box trying to get
cups
> to print.

As much as I hate to follow up to myself, I did get this figured out. The
entry for psname in the log was for the postscript name of the font.
Apparently, something isn't generating this. However, disabling all my
locally installed fonts allowed printing to work. Now I just have to find
out what font is causing this issue.

--
Gates' Law: Every 18 months the speed of software halves.