[cups.general] HP 870Cxi / Printer not connected

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Mon Jun 28 08:17:39 PDT 2004

Stefan wrote:

> I configured the printer via the web-interface and the name of the printer also appears in the device selection - another indication that hardware-wise everything seems to be in order. But if I try to print even only a test page the following error message appears in the webinterface.
>
> "Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."
> Device URI: parallel:/dev/unknown-parallel0

Try as Device URI: parallel:/dev/lp0

Never saw the /dev/unknown-parallel0 before, so I'm a bit confused
here. Maybe I'm wrong in my advice.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
SuSE Linux AG
Maxfeldstr. 5                     E-Mail: Klaus.Singvogel at suse.com
90409 Nuernberg                   Phone: +49 (0) 911 740530
Germany                           GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27