Duplex problem

stelmo at savba.sk stelmo at savba.sk
Wed Jun 16 03:24:28 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> stelmo at savba.sk wrote:
> >
> > Anonymous wrote:

> > the test files can be found at
> >
> > www.quniverse.sk/stelmo/cups
> >
> > this first file was generated usig latex and then dvips while the second
> > ps file was dowloaded from the internet.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Well, both files print duplex if requested from the command line (-o
> sides=two-sided-long-edge)
> at least with my installateion (CUPS 1.1.19 and the alternate pstops
> filter). But it may be
> that the 1.1.20 pstops filter is more regirous with respect to DSC
> comnpliance.
> Both files lack the "%%BeginProlog" comment line which may screw up
> things belonging into the
> prolog or setup section, respectively.
>
> Perhaps you could contact the radical eyes people to make dvips really
> DSC compliant (it should
> be not too difficult, believe me).
>
> Helge
>
> --
> H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
> H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com
> H.Blischke at acm.org

I had tried command line as well as xpp but none of them print the files
duplex.
The only thing which works is gpr but this is about something different as far as I know.
If you can post the versions of software (cups as well as pstops filter)
you use or even if you can point me to sources of the software I
would try the version you are using.
Thanks

Concerning the dvips. We use a lot of files generated with dvips because  we are research organization and produce a lot of scientific papers written in latex. And I do not believe they'll fix it within a few weeks
or so.

Peter