[cups.general] Colors and accounting with HP LJ 4600

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Sat Jun 5 07:22:17 PDT 2004

Martin Drab wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Sorry, there is no attachment. Perhaps you could post an URL to the PPD
> > and a sample file? (As a last resort, you could e-mail me those two, but
> > don't forget to use the above subject).
>
> My appologies, I forgot to send it in the mail where I was referring to
> it, but I sent it in the following mail with the same subject. Didn't you
> get it? The mail should have about 18KB. Anyway, you can look at both the
> orig. HP and foomatic hpijs PPDs that I'm using at the following URL:
>
>         http://kiplprint.fjfi.cvut.cz/ppd/

Well, with the original PPD, CUPS _should_ do page accounting (except
they made
a strategic change to this stuff - the version I use is 1.1.19, still).
And if you cchange the JCLBegin statement to
*JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
(instead of the empty ""), jobs created using this PPD will be
recognized by CUPS
as application/postscript (this has changed from 1.1.18 to 1.1.19, I
think)
and thus subject to page accounting by the pstops filter.

But uncover the portions of your samba configuration file regarding
printing.

Helge

PS: I din't get your mail (but our mile server trashed about half a
dozen mails
for me as virus infected).

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com