Rights ti cancel Jobs

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun Jun 6 07:40:27 PDT 2004

olivier wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm newb with cups and I read answers in this FAQ a lot but I can't delete jobs anway ... :(
> Here are my explanations :
> when i'm in the web interface, if I submit a print test page, i can delete it. that's good. But, if I've a document in the queue from a user "alpha" who sent this document from a window client machine, i can't delete the document.
> In addition to that, if I'm on a windows client machine and that I'm in my printer manager (under Win XP) I can submit a print test file but I can't delete it !!! ( I can see that I've a refused access to my printer)
> I tried all you said, but in vain :(
> I don't really understand what you explained about the SystemGroup in cupsd.conf, maybe I'm wrong with it.

The 'SystemGroup' cupsd.conf defines the UNIX groups allowed to administrate the CUPS server (ie, create/delete/manage printers)

All UNIX accounts that are members of one or several of these UNIX groups will be granted 'administrative priviledges'

Using the default '/etc/cups/cupsd.conf' file, the UNIX superuser 'root' owns these priviledges and can adminstrate the CUPS server using the CUPS web interface. The only thing you have to do is to connect to the CUPS web server (http://localhost:631/), to choose 'Do administrative tasks' and to login, when prompted as 'root' using your local root login and password.

Then, you will be able to cancel jobs originated locally or remotely.

Regards.