[cups.general] "HPLJ4M+ is not ready" error message.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Mon Jun 21 23:05:19 PDT 2004

OK, Im confused.
I had a (bad) paper jam, but that has been cleaned up.
After the Jam, the printer does NOT run, and under lpq I get the error
message in the Subject line, namely

    HPLJ4M+ is not ready

This is a network printer.
NOTHING I have been able to do will get the printer to print,
rebooting, restarting cups, reboot with a different kernel,
adding new jobs to the print queue.

However, the machine dual boots about 6OS.  If I boot RH9, the printer
runs just fine.  I come back to Fedora2, and I get the above error
message again.

Anyone have ANY thoughts????

--
                                        Reg.Clemens