CUPS IPP W2K

roubles19 at hotmail.com roubles19 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:43:47 PDT 2004

I cannot get W2K to recognize an IPP printer. I try to add an internet printer and give it the address http://www.example.com:631/printers/printer1 ... and it fails to connect to the printer. If I add the *exact* same printer on windows xp it adds fine and prints flawlessly.

The only way I've gotten around the w2k issue is by installing a Adobe postscript drivers and using that to connect to the IPP printer. The only issue here is that it's slow to come up everytime I try to print something and also I cannot control the quality with which I want to print (draft, fastdraft etc.)

Am I missing something ? Do I need to enable something in W2K ?

Btw, the IPP printer is off of cups 1.1.17 on a RH9 system.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in adavance,
roubles