[cups.general] CUPS client to Windows 2003 print server

Carrie Knox knox at sgi.com
Tue Jun 15 10:59:28 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:

>Until the solution comes print via LPD.
>Install the print services for UNIX.
>
>Are you printing raw or do you use a printer driver?
>(Which PPD??

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check into the print services for UNIX
on Windows 2003.

We do currently have some IRIX print servers running lpd and lpsched,
that our IRIX, Solaris, AIX and RedHat 9 (LPRng) clients currently print
through.  I've been unable to get a Fedora-c2 client running cups-lpd to
print through our lpd print servers.

We've recently setup a Windows 2003 print server, so I thought maybe
I'd  try to use that instead...

The current b2r183 print queue is configured for "Raw" printing through
the Windows 2003 print server.

Thanks,
Carrie