[cups.general] Re: pstops not being called

Daniel Lawson daniel at crawshaw.school.nz
Wed Jun 9 03:57:17 PDT 2004

> > I don't know how much does HP 4550 differ from HP 4600, but perhaps if you
> > want to look for what config files and PPD I'm using for the HP 4600dn,
> > you can take a look at <http://kiplprint.fjfi.cvut.cz/ppd/>. The page
> > accounting is now working perfectly. I'm then using LIRE to create some
> > basic statistics.
> >
> Well, I askedfor the smb.conf just to be sure. As you configured
> printing = cups, everything should be OK from that end.

OK, I have printing = cups, printcap=cups, and load printers = yes. My [printers] definition is fairly standard, but I'll include it later.

The modification to the PPD you mentioned on line 47 already seems to exist in the PPD I have, however there is a * at the start of each line. I don't know much about PPD - does this make a difference?

I have:

*JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL JOB<0A>"
*JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT <0A>"
*JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ <0A><1B>%-12345X"

smb.conf[printers]:

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = yes