[cups.general] Current CUPS wants MP slot.

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Thu Jun 10 11:14:18 PDT 2004

The CUPS that came with Fedora2 Test 1 worked fine (Fedora lists this as cups-1.1.20-2)

The CUPS that came with the final edition of Fedora2 (identified as cups-1.1.20-6), requests
input from the MP slot on my HPLJ4M+ and on the similar (straight thru) slot on my Sharp AR-407
at the office.

[[ The AR-407 has a ppd file from the Sharp site, the HP has a PPD file from the HP site ]]

So what has changed to cause these defaults to change?

And how do I fix it?

						Reg.Clemens
						reg at dwf.com