[cups.general] [Fwd: Re: Help on using alternate pstops filter]

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Tue Jun 15 05:51:55 PDT 2004

Robert Flemming wrote:

> Helge Blischke wrote:
>
> > Modify the selectfont parameters and the color spec as needed. But
> > note that in this case the watermark obscures the page contents
> > beneath it. Perhaps you want to replace the
> >       _WM_str show
> > by
> >       _WM_str false charpath stroke
> > to get the watermark text only outlined.
> >
> > Helge
> >
> > PS: not explicitely tested. Let me know if it does not work.
>
> Well this indeed does the trick and thanks for the example.  I too am interested in doing something similar to what the original poster was trying to do.  I'd love to be able to append the username and possibly hostname and time to the footer of each printed page.  I've got the alternate pstops filter working and your previous example works just fine.  I'm at a bit of a loss finding other postscript examples for manipulating the footer so if you have any additional pointers or samples for someth

To somebody else posting to this NG I already offered to do a change to
the alternate
pstops filter to include the contents of certain environment variablens
and
job attributes to the S job's setup section so they may be referenced by
such
page label procedures but got no reaction so far.

Anyway, I see there _is_ interest. Please be patient for some time.

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com
H.Blischke at acm.org