Cups takes too long during boot (or just it stops the boot process)

Gabolander gabolander at nospam.com
Sun Jun 6 11:02:43 PDT 2004

Hi all,
I use a Fedora Core 2 with cups installed (v1.1.20).
Until yesterday everything ran fine.
Today I tryed to boot several time (in init 5) my system, and when the boot process displayed "Starting cups", all the time my system wait .. wait.. wait... until I was forced to reboot, start in Single User, type "chkconfig cups off" end rebooting (succesfully) the system. After new boot, if I start cups by entering "service cups start", it starts with no problem after a second.

What does stop cups during boot ?

I thanks in advance for any suggestion

Gabolander ?