[cups.general] Re: pstops not being called

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Wed Jun 9 04:18:10 PDT 2004

Daniel Lawson wrote:

> > I don't know how much does HP 4550 differ from HP 4600, but perhaps if you
> > want to look for what config files and PPD I'm using for the HP 4600dn,
> > you can take a look at <http://kiplprint.fjfi.cvut.cz/ppd/>. The page
> > accounting is now working perfectly. I'm then using LIRE to create some
> > basic statistics.
>
> Out of curiosity - when you say perfectly there, do you mean you get proper page accounting as well, or is it still reporting a page count of '1' for all jobs? (I'd really like it if its the former, but I can deal with the latter)

Well, the pstops filter in essence counts the comment lines that begin
with
%%Page:
but only if the file is DSC compliant. Otherwise the filter decides not
to know
how many pages there are and logs an amount of 1.

If you use the Foomatic RIP, accounting is done by that - I do not know
how that works.

Helge

PS:

>From CUPS 1.1.19 on, the pstops filter treats a PostScript job as DSC