[cups.general] CUPS client to Windows 2003 print server

Carrie Knox knox at sgi.com
Tue Jun 15 14:19:49 PDT 2004

John C. Welch wrote:

>On 6/15/04 11:10 AM, "Carrie Knox" <knox at sgi.com> wrote:
>

>>The following print queue has been setup to print through  a Windows
>>2003 print server.   I am able to print the postscript test page, but
>>the error "Unable to get job 106 attributes
>>(client-error-not-possible)!" message occurs.    I am unable to print
>>anything outside of the printer configuration test page.  Jobs appear to
>>queue, but they do not print.
>>

>What is the Windows Print Server showing in its own logs?
>
>john

Hello,

When the Test print testprint.ps is successful, this message is logged
to the Windows 2003 server System event log:

"Document 106, testprint.ps owned by IUSR_CF--CF--006FP-2 was printed on
b2r183 via port b2r183.americas.sgi.com.  Size in bytes: 14553; pages
printed: 0"

Seems strange that pages printed is "0" here...

And these messages are logged to the Windows 2003 server Security event log:

-----------------------------------
"Special privileges assigned to new logon:
    User Name:    IUSER_CF--CF--006FP-2
    Domain:       CF--CF--006FP-2
    Login ID:     0x0,0x8C6C9D07)
    Privileges:   SeChangeNotifyPrivilege"
-----------------------------------
"Successful Network Logon:
    User Name:   IUSER_CF--CF--006FP-2
    Domain:       CF--CF--006FP-2
    Logon ID:     0x0,0x8C6C9D07)
    Logon Type:   8
    Logon Process:   Advapi
    Authentication Package:   Negotiate
    Workstation Name:   CF--CF--006FP-2
    Logon GUID:   -
    Caller User Name:   NETWORK SERVICE
    Caller Domain:        NT AUTHORITY
    Caller Process ID:   3040
    Transited Services:   -
    Source Network Address:   -
    Source Port:   -"
-----------------------------------
"Logon attempt using explicit credentials:
  Logged on user:
       User Name:   NETWORK SERVICE
       Domain:        NT AUTHORITY
       Logon ID:      (0x0,0x3E4)
       Logon GUID:   -
User shose credentials were used:
       Target User Name:   IUSER_CF--CF--006FP-2
       Target Domain:    CF--CF--006FP-2
       Target Logon GUID:    -
Target Server Name:    localhost
Target Server Info:    localhost
Caller Process ID:    3040
Source Network Address:    -
Source Port:    -"
"Logon attempt by:  MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account:   IUSER_CF--CF--006FP-2
Source Workstation:    CF--CF--006FP-2
Error Code:    0x0"

Nothing gets logged on the Windows 2003 server when the job does not
print out.

Thanks,

Carrie