[cups.general] RE: CUPS & Ghostscript

Guenther Frick gfrick at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 16 02:57:34 PDT 2004

v.sudeep wrote:
> oh !! Yes ofcourse ESP Ghostscript works perfectly well. (atleast I did not
> have any problems). But it is extremely large. Inspite of all the obvious
> minimisations that could be done, I could bring it down to only
> approximately 11MB. I need the whole thing to be less than 3MB. That is the
> reason for my needing to go for GNU Ghostscript.
>
> If there is some way that I could make ESP Ghostscript down to 3MB, I would
> settle for ESP.
>
> PS: I am trying to bring up the print system for an Embedded System.
>
> - S u d e e p    V

I'm not an expert.
The difference between ESP Ghostscript and GNU (now GPL) Ghostscript is
the additional CUPS raster and the outdated stp device. The stp driver
exists now outside of ESPGS under the name Gimp-Print. Like the stp driver
there are a lot of other superfluous drivers, e. g. for old HP inkjet printers. I hope you are able to displace them one after the other as
you need.