CUPS 1.1.20 - strange printing problem: page seems stuck in the printer-memory

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jun 27 08:05:00 PDT 2004

Hi,

I use CUPS 1.1.20 on FreeBSD 4.9 together with a Fujitsu PrintPartner 10
(without "V").
I've configured it with the generic Laserjet driver and it sort-of-works.

If I go and print a page from Staroffice 6.0, the printer starts to
rumble and heat-up, like it's going to start priniting any second - but
it doesn't.
I must go to the configuration and print a test-page, which will result
in the printing of my staroffice-document...

It seems like the printer is missing some final end-of-file command or so.

Any ideas anybody ?

Rainer