Brother HL730 Laser config - RedHat 9

dfinlays at acenet.net.au dfinlays at acenet.net.au
Sun Jun 20 23:09:26 PDT 2004

Anyone know how to get a Brother HL730 laser printer printing
properly under RedHat linux 9.0.  I setup a queue and backend
driver using the RedHat printing manager. However there must
be an error somewhere in the postscript to brother device
rendering. For the printer just flashes a red light at me, when I do
a test print. Indicating an error in the format of the
downloaded document.

As a side issue CUPS configuration page (locathost:631) has a
HPLaser Jet.PPD driver available. However for my Brother the page test
print comes out all scrambled, not formatted properly.

So I hope someone out there has developed a driver for a Brother HL730
laser, or has got CUPS working on one properly at 600 DPI.

    David
    dfinlays at acenet.net.au