[cups.general] Colors and accounting with HP LJ 4600

Martin Drab drab at kepler.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Jun 1 04:32:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem, here, with the HP LJ 4600dn using
CUPS 1.1.20 + SAMBA 3.0.2. When I use the PPD from the Wihdows HP drivers
that identifies itself as "HP Color LaserJet 4600 PS v3010.107", the
printing works, but the print accounting (i.e. logging into the
/var/log/cups/page_log) does not! I thought I solved the problem by using
the Foomatic hpijs driver. Accounting works there, but I've discovered
another serious problem. The color tones are not correct, in fact they are
_way_ off. So now it seems both PPD drivers are unusable.

Can anybody help me on that one? I think the easiest way would be to fix
the "HP Color LaserJet 4600 PS v3010.107" PPD to produce something (??)
that would make it do the accounting. However, I don't know what should it
be. Another way would be to fix the colors within the hpijs PPD, also no
clue. :(

Thanks in advance,
Martin Drab.