read permission

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Tue Jun 1 07:57:38 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> angelb at bugarin.us wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I would like to have the permission settings to printers.conf changed
> > permanently to 644. But when I make a change to the CUPS server; ie,
> > add,delete,modify,etc, the permission is changed back to 600.
> >
> > What do I need to do so that the permission is set permanently, or
> > until I decide to change it, to 644?
>  > ...
>
> Man cupsd.conf - look for the ConfigFilePerm directive... :)
>
> --
> Printing Software for UNIX                       http://www.easysw.com

Mike, thanks for your reply.

The ConfigFilePerm work perfectly after I've restarted the server. I've set the directive to "ConfigFilePerm  0644" and the permission for printers.conf is then changed to -rw-r--r--. But, soon after I created a new printer queue, the permission to printers.conf was changed back to -rw-------.

BTW, I have your CUPS book and in it lists all the different directives for cupsd.conf. One item it does not list, however, is the ConfigFilePerm.

Thanks!
angel