[cups.general] Web GUI Password

Donald D Henson wepin at wepin.com
Tue Jun 1 08:49:13 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 09:28, cups at esenf.pt wrote:

> >> use the 'root' username and the password for user 'root'
> >

> > Didn't work. I tried four times, typing exceedingly carefully the last
> > three times. I'm using the MD5 password option (SuSE 9.1) rather than
> > the standard Unix password. Could this be a problem? Are there any other
> > ways to get into the GUI?
> >
> > Don Henson

> Take a look at:
>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2003/09/jsmeix_print-einrichten-90.html
>
> Paulo

Thanks for the pointer but that looks like a lot more info than I'm
looking for. Let me ask a simple question to see if it's worth my while
to dig into it. All I really want to do is to adjust the top and bottom
default margin. Is it possible to do that in the GUI or is that kind of
stuff hard coded? (Sorry for the newbie-style question but I am a newbie
as far as CUPS is concerned.)

Don Henson