print to file

Frank zuecks at gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 11:16:25 PDT 2004

Hi People,

Im having  a problem with “print to file”. I did apply follow file-printer, with lpadmin –p tofile –E -v  file:/tmp/printout –m name.ppd (its ok).
When I use lp –d tofile testfile.xxx  I get “the request id is tofile-xx (1file(s)). I thought its ok .The error_log (debug) said ok. But I look in the cd /tmp/printout and can’t found a testfile.prn.
In the cupsd.conf the FileDevice on and also the printer Allow from…..
Maybe can anyone help me. I don’t know, what I do wrong???

Frank