ppd for kyocera FS-1020D doesn't like postscript1.0

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Thu Jun 10 06:14:11 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:

> The PostScript file is OK and fairly DSC compliant, and it prints OK on
> a PostScript printer.
>
> It seems to me that your Kyocera printer does not have the PostScript
> interpreter installed.

The postscript1.0-files are beeing printed by a Laser4L-CUPS-queue
on FS-1020D wonderfully. But using the duplex-ppd-file from
Kyocera (see URL three postings above). I can also print the
postscript1.0-files on e.g. canoni550, epsonStyus600, Kyocera-FS600, ...
but the problem is, that the special ppd-file for Kyocera FS 1020D
doesn't cope with postscript1.0.
BTW: any other "modern" postscript3.0 files from e.g. OpenOffice,
     Netscape, ... are printed duplex with Kyocera-1020D wonderfully.

I don't think that it's a problem of postscript interpreter. FS-1020D
is *NO* postscript printer but PCL5-printer!
(BTW: what's a "PostScript Interpreter"?)

ideas?
Ekkard

> PS:
> BTW, I have a PostScript to PRESCRIBE (Version 1) converter written in
> PostScript
> which could easily be incorprated into CUPS. You know, PRESCRIBE is the
> default high end printer language by KYOCERA.
hmmm .. nice for YOU. A solution for me?? I'd like to know why only
the Kyocera ppd doen't like postscript1.0 .... hmm or is
postscript1.0 not duplex printable?