Default printer with NIS users

ssm0904 at caen.sc.philips.com ssm0904 at caen.sc.philips.com
Wed Jun 23 06:00:20 PDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I am using CUPS 1.1.19-13 with Fedora Core 1. On a desktop computer, I set up a cups server and add  one printer that it's the default. Now when I want to print something whith a local user like root or bob : no problems. But with NIS users, it doen't work. When I want to print something, I have the error message : "lpr: error - no default destination available" and when I want to show the default printer with lpstat -d : "no system default destination". I think it's because the NIS users are not in /etc/passwd.

Thanks a lot for your respond.
Bye.