[cups.general] Stange error when printing test page. . .

Alex Laughlin-Dendy aharris at digitalraver.com
Wed Jun 30 14:09:07 PDT 2004

I'm using the web interface to install a printer on my cups server. The
printer is an HP LaserJet 1300n. When I configure it everything seems to
be just fine, but when I try to print a test page I get this error:

/"unable to open print file "/usr/var/spool/cups/d00021-001" -
Permission denied"/

Despite the fact that the directory mentioned above has rwx for everyone
enabled. Is there a specific permission setting that I need? Or is there
something else that is causing this?