[cups.general] Current CUPS on Fedora wants MP slot.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Jun 10 17:51:20 PDT 2004

The CUPS that came with Fedora2 Test 1 worked fine (Fedora lists this as
cups-1.1.20-2), taking paper from the 500page input on both
my HP LJ4M+ at home, and my Sharp AR-407 at the office.

The CUPS that came with the final edition of Fedora2 (identified as
cups-1.1.20-6), requests input from the MP slot on my HP LJ4M+ and on
the similar (straight thru) slot on the Sharp AR-407 rather
than the 500page input on either machine.

[[ The AR-407 has a ppd file from the Sharp site, the HP has a PPD file from
the HP site ]]

So what has changed to cause these defaults to change?

And how do I fix it?

                                                Reg.Clemens
                                                reg at dwf.com