ppd for kyocera FS-1020D doesn't like postscript1.0

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Fri Jun 11 16:00:06 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:

> The PPD you referred to _is_ for a native PostScript printer. If yours
> is not,
> you must have configured CUPS to use some additionbal PostScript to PCL
> conversion. Sorry.
the FS-1020D is *no* postscript printer. I wonder why the original
ppd's of Kyocera should deliver native PostScript printer ppd's.

I downloaded the ppd from
http://linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/Kyocera/current/German/Kyocera_Mita_FS-1020_German.ppd,

I moved the ppd file to
/usr/share/cups/model/kyocera/KM-FS-1020_German.ppd.gz. Then I
configured a queue by using cupsd, localhost:631. I didn't configure
anything else. Helge, are you sure that the ppd is for a native
PostScript printer?

thank you
Ekkard