[cups.general] Document Tracking Filter?

Carl Perry caperry+cups at edolnx.net
Wed Jun 16 15:22:31 PDT 2004

I'm sure this isn't a new idea, nor am I the first to think of it so I
figured I would ask here before I went a wrote my own.

I'd like CUPS to perform an on-paper document tracking system, much like
most banks and insurance companies uses these days, where each job has
some information and most importantly a barcode in the margin.  I know
CUPS has the classification feature, which does most of what I want
(specifically add a pre and post job cover page) but won't let me
customize the text in the margin or insert a barcode.

I figure the best way to implement this would be a pstops filter of some
kind, and I thought someone may have seen/written something like this
before.  If not, I'd gladly do it but need some information on how to do
what I need in Postscript.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!
--
	-Carl Perry KD5TSA <caperry at edolnx.net>
"A PC without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard."