Massive CPU usage with CUPS web admin

anthony at caretechgroup.com anthony at caretechgroup.com
Thu Jun 17 05:53:14 PDT 2004

A CUPS installation on one of my linux (Gentoo) machines has a strange problem.  The first few pages loaded in the web admin interface are alright, but after about three or four pages, each page to load takes severely long.  Running top shows the CUPS daemon pegging at 99.x% usage of the CPU for the duration.  Re-starting the CUPS daemon leaves me three or four normal page loads again.  I can't find anything in my configuration that might make this happen, any ideas?