paper size selection

Greg Saunders greg at lnxinc.com
Thu Jun 10 15:54:47 PDT 2004

Hi all.

I have a bizarre problem with papaer size selection. I've used cups with great success on dozens of differenct types of printers and plotters and this is the first time I've run into the following problem.

HP DesignJet 5000 plotter
CUPS v 1.1.19
Fedora Core 1
Samba 3.0.2

The PPD supports a couple dozen paper sized including ISO, ANSI and North American paper sizes. When the driver is installed locally, i.e. run add printer on a W2k workstation and point the port to "file" as an example, all paper sizes are available.

However, if you install the drivers on the Linux box running CUPS and install the printer via a "point and print" method after having uploaded them to the Linux/CUPS server, only A2, A3, A4, letter, tabloid and custom paper sizes are available to the client. I've scoured the PPD and everything seems normal, it even passes the CUPS ppd verify utility.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg