epsgs compile problems

Michael Sloan sloan at caps.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 22 08:17:34 PDT 2004

Hello all -

I'm attempting to compile eps gs 7.07.1 on Solaris 9 (sparc), had it
work once, and now after compiling CUPS, can't successfully recompile
it (which I think is needed to allow CUPS to actually send a job to
the printer).

I have installed the tools supplied by Sun on the companion CD, along
with gcc-3.3.2, libpng, zlib, libjpeg (all obtained from
sunfreeware.com).

Here is a some of the output of 'make', just before it errors out:

if [ x != x ]; then LD_RUN_PATH=; export LD_RUN_PATH; fi; \
XCFLAGS= XINCLUDE= XLDFLAGS= XLIBDIRS= XLIBS= \
FEATURE_DEVS= DEVICE_DEVS= DEVICE_DEVS1= DEVICE_DEVS2= DEVICE_DEVS3= \
DEVICE_DEVS4= DEVICE_DEVS5= DEVICE_DEVS6= DEVICE_DEVS7= DEVICE_DEVS8= \
DEVICE_DEVS9= DEVICE_DEVS10= DEVICE_DEVS11= DEVICE_DEVS12= \
DEVICE_DEVS13= DEVICE_DEVS14= DEVICE_DEVS15= DEVICE_DEVS16= \
DEVICE_DEVS17= DEVICE_DEVS18= DEVICE_DEVS19= DEVICE_DEVS20= \
/bin/sh <./obj/ldt.tr
rpl_malloc                          ./obj/imain.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ./bin/gs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/gs'