[cups.general] Printing to a HP Windows OfficeJet on a LAN

Victor Cain vrcain at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 07:42:09 PDT 2004

I have a HP OfficeJet 3100 which is a brain-dead, Window$ only HP OfficeJet.
Since it works only on a W$ computer, I have an old dedicated PC on our LAN
whose only function is to make this printer work.  It does work, from the PC
that is servicing it, and from other W$ 2000 computers on the LAN.

The question is whether there is any way that a Linux computer (running Debian
Woody or Sarge) can send to that printer.  I am running Cupsys 1.1.19 or
1.1.20 on all the Debian computers on the LAN.

Any comments appreciated, as long as you don't tell me that I was stupid to
buy the printer -- I know that already.

Thanks,

--
Victor R. Cain              Phone:(865)435-5084
E: vrcain at comcast.net      Fax:(865)435-9709