[cups.general] Web Interface not responding

Mac Mason mac at cs.hmc.edu
Thu Jun 24 14:04:58 PDT 2004

So, the problem I had the other day has given way to a new one:

The web interface is behaving badly.

The situation is this: the machine running cupsd doesn't have a working
web browser, nor do I wish to install one. Therefore, I went through
cupsd.conf and replaced every instance of 127.0.0.1 with the IP address
of the machine I'll be using to administer CUPS. However, upon opening
up a web browser, pointing it at server:631, clicking 'administration',
and entering the (server's) root password, it hangs; it doesn't complain
about insufficient privileges, or anything of that sort, it just sits
there and goes nowhere.

A debug setting of 'debug2' has gotten me no further than

D [24/Jun/2004:14:02:19 +0800] CGI
/cups-local/lib/cups/cgi-bin/admin.cgi started - PID = 14915

followed by:

E [24/Jun/2004:14:02:19 +0800] PID 14915 stopped with status 13!

(with some stuff in between) but no explaination of why it broke.

Anybody know what status 13 is, or what's going on?

Thanks!

    --Mac

Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac at cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129
Harvey Mudd College