poll and relay

dl279 at cam.ac.uk dl279 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:33:38 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Hmm, do you have browsing enabled on both the server and clients?
> Are there any BrowseAllow/Deny lines on either?  Are you getting
> any messages concerning the browsing in /var/log/cups/error_log?

Thanks Michael,

I found out what the problem was, I had the same printers on both servers (for resilience) with the same name. On the servers if you run the comand lpstat -p you get this king of outcome:

printer number1 is idle
printer number1 at serverB is idle

On clients I've just discovered that if printers have the same name, they get listed only once without specifying the server name.
I was expecting the same outcome from lpstat that's why I thought that my settings were not working.

Thank you very much anyway for your help.

Davide.