Excessive CPU usage in web admin when adding printer

FrancoisLandryf.landry at pgosselin.spam_no.com FrancoisLandryf.landry at pgosselin.spam_no.com
Mon Jun 28 12:22:51 PDT 2004

Hello!

Here is my current configuration:

- RedHat Linux 9
- Kernel 2.4.20 (custom compiled with the default SMP configuration and ABI layer added)
- CUPS 1.1.20 (from tar ball)

I also tried the latest CUPS from the RedHat updated, 1.1.17 (using the binary RPM).

Each time I try to add a printer using the web administration interface, cupsd starts using the CPU up to 99.9%. I looked at the log files (debug2 level) and I cannot see anything relevant in them to help this matter.

I see other people have this problem, anybody has any hint on how to resolve?

Thank you!

Francois Landry