pay system using cups

walto at vaag.cx walto at vaag.cx
Fri Jun 25 00:20:51 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm working at a dutch university. I'm hired to transform the windows network into a linux network.

The last thing I've got to figure out, is how I can keep a score for how much every student prints, so the school can charge them aftherwards.

They now run software on a windows machine to do this, but ofcourse I want this on linux as well.

every student has a login account.

I'll be using ldap for account information, perhaps I could use ldap to keep te score?

Thanks for anyone who can give me a lead :) (even if it's a lead to how to program this myself).

Greetz, Walto.