[cups.general] Cups

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Sun May 9 11:09:55 PDT 2004

Guenther Frick wrote:

> Bernd Schubert wrote:
>
>>>If I'm not wrong then Foomatic + IJS don't need the CUPS RIP interface
>>>in ESP Ghostscript. So what you should do is:
>>>Replace AFLP Ghostscript by ESP Ghostscript. Then Gimp-Print should
>>>work.
>>

>> No, that does not help. I already tried it and just tried it again.
>> Also, as far as I know gs-esp is called automatically
>> from /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops, isn't it?
>>
> If gs-esp is installed then try 'gs -h|grep cups'. If there is no output
> replace the Ghostscript version.

It seems to have cups support:

bernd at bathl bernd>gs -h |grep cups
   cljet5c cljet5pr coslw2p coslwxl cp50 cups declj250 deskjet dfaxhigh
   /usr/share/cups/fonts : /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts :
Report bugs using the form at "http://www.cups.org/str.php".

As you can see gs is a link to gs-esp:

bathl:/etc/alternatives# ll /usr/bin/gs
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Sep 27  2003 /usr/bin/gs -> /etc/alternatives/gs
bathl:/etc/alternatives# ll /etc/alternatives/gs
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 May  9 17:50 /etc/alternatives/gs -> /usr/bin/gs-esp

Bernd