[cups.general] Quota per user!

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Fri May 14 17:03:05 PDT 2004

Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 12:50:10PM +0000, Anonymous wrote:
> > Jerome Alet wrote:
> > > http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/PyKota/action_Presentation
> >
> > I don't want to use PyKota. Is there other way to implement it?
> > or is there a possibilty to run a script(check quota) before user printng?
>
> Use PrintBill then.
>
> PrintBill now supports CUPS, I was told.

I had a quick look at PrintBill (but not PyKota). I doubt if its a real
choice.

It requires a modification of the PPDs, which might conflict with the
call of foomatic-rip in PPDs from linuxprinting.org.

The required PrintBill daemon has the comment that it was never designed
to be secure, and you should never rely on its security.

PrintBill website is:
	http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~daniel/software/printbill/index.shtml
but it looks like that the software wasn't updated / modified for a
long time (> 1 year).

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
SuSE Linux AG
Maxfeldstr. 5                     E-Mail: Klaus.Singvogel at suse.com
90409 Nuernberg                   Phone: +49 (0) 911 740530
Germany                           GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27