listing and removing from browsed queues

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu May 13 05:41:07 PDT 2004

I have a master CUPS server that handles most of the printers, and then some other CUPS servers for workstations with a local printer. The master server is aware of the workstations' printers through browsing. Clients use the master server by default.

It seems to me that every job submitted to a printer that is not on the master server gets forwarded by it to the appropriate machine. So far so good. But when the desire to remove a falsely submitted job from a queue on a workstation strikes, I can't even get a lost of its contents!

lpq -P<printer on a workstation>
shows nothing queued.

I'm assuming it asks the master server, when it should ask the workstation. Would it somehow help if every client was running cupsd, used localhost as the server, and became aware of the other printers through browsing? Or would this just spread the problem to all the printers?

Is there a solution at all to this?