[cups.general] cups on fedora core 1

wildmad wildmad at blueline.mg
Mon May 10 23:16:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 19:58, ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca wrote:
> >  using the web interface for cups is of no help as i cannot even
> > get root accepted as administrator.
>
> Most likely you have "AuthClass System" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, under the
> <Location /admin> section, and "sys" as the
> default SystemGroup in that file.
>
> You need to add a user to the sys group in /etc/group.

thank you ryan. this is now working, or rather i have access to
administration but i have gotten no way of getting my printer run. the
printer is a lexmark z705. i think i followed instruction to installing
the dev from lexmark but i would not bet on that. i shall have missed
something somewhere. has anybody gotten this printer to run? would
appreciate if anybody can help and get me the clues?

tia

didier