Help on using alternate pstops filter

Stavros Vologiannidis svol at math.auth.gr
Mon May 31 04:45:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to add something on the top of each page that is about to be
printed (page numbers and other info).
I tried it using the alternate pstops filter and the following
postscript code (which is a modification to an example posted some time
ago on the list).

%%BeginFile: confidential 1.0 0
userdict begin
/CUPS_confidential where
{pop}
{       % first call: do necessary initialisations
         currentglobal true setglobal
         globaldict begin
         /CUPS_confidential true def             % say not yet called
         end
         setglobal

         <<
                 /BeginPage
                 {
                         /Times-Roman findfont
                         15 scalefont

                         setfont
                         500 830 moveto
                         (test txt) show
                 }bind
         >>setpagedevice

}ifelse
end %userdict
%%EndFile

Using PDF output I can see that the text "test txt" is written beneath
the contents of every page.
What I want is the text to be printed on the foreground of every page.
Should I define something else than "BeginPage"?

Can anybody help me please?