[cups.general] How do I print postscript files ?

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com
Tue May 11 04:11:17 PDT 2004

Hi !!!

I guess my problem must be quite a silly one and probably well documented
too, but I dont seem to be able to "see" the answers..

I have installed CUPS 1.1.20 in my i386 Linux box. I have got it to print
text files but so far have been unable to print simple postscript files.
What is the easiest way to get to print postscript files ? what are the
filters to be used. I need lightweight programs since space is a major
concern for us.

Also, what is the easiest way for CUPS to make use of ghostscript as a
filter. How do I do this ?

Thanks in advance

- S u d e e p    V
Unless you jump from the frying pan to the fire, all you get is a raw deal.