[cups.general] Cups

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun May 9 10:06:56 PDT 2004

Bernd Schubert wrote:

> Well, considering that the IJS interface is currently the
> only possibility to use epson inkjet printers and taking
> your last sentence into account, which for me means that
> the gimprint+ijs driver might be removed in the
> future, I'm now more worried than I have been before.

Read again.

The gimp-print drivers do provide exactly the same
functionality in both their incarnations.

* One incarnation is the  "gimpprint+ijs+<all-new-versions-of->ghostscript"
  interface

* The other is the "gimpprint+cups+espghostscript" interface.

The ijs-Version used the IJS plugin mechanism. The CUPS version
uses the "device" cups which is compiled into all versions
of ESP Ghostscript (and hopefully into all future versions of
AFPL Ghostscript too.)