Is there a way to print IP in footer?

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Wed May 12 03:50:34 PDT 2004

Mark J. wrote:

> Hi there,we are using Fedora Linux as a cups server for OS X student laptops (currently 220 or so).   We are interested in tacking the IP address, mac address or host name on each page printed through the Cups server.  We really are not looking for a separate banner page as we are trying to cut down on paper\ink usage.  We have the linux machine set up with the driver and are using raw on the OS X machines.  The printing works fine and we do have the logs, but we would like to have the info. rig
>
> Any help or information on how or if this can be done would be great.

Could the page-label option be what you are looking for? It causes the
label string
to be inserted both at the top and the bottom of each printed page.

If you are looking for something fancier, you might get the alternate
pstops filter
from the CUPS site's link list and hack your custimized page label
routine.

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com