[cups.general] CUPS Windows Driver and CF3102 Printer ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Wed May 12 03:51:01 PDT 2004

Greetings ...

     I have searched through the archives and have not found anything
that seems to give me an idea why I might be having problems.  I have
also search the net using google, but found only the lastest drivers,
which works, but does not give me Samba intergration ...

     Using the latests CUPS Windows drivers, configured our new CF3101 (
Minolta ) printer using ...

lpadmin -p N_T_X3E -L "Top Floor" -D "Colour Test Printer" \
     -P ../../ppd/EF4M4011.PPD -E -v lpd://X3e_8465/print \
     -o PageSize=A4 \
     -o PageRegion=A4 \
     -o EFEngineConfig=Printer \
service smb reload
cupsaddsmb -v -H server -U Administrator N_T_X3E

     This all works, and I can print from Win2KPro with no problems, but
if I try and change any "Printing Preferances", I get
"Function address 0x8b1450e cause a protection fault. (exception code
0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed."
and then
"Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources."

     I don't believe this is a setup problem, because all my other HP
Laser printers are working fine.

     Could somebody give us an idea what we could do next?

Thanks
Mailed
Lee

P.S. Sorry for the last from the Wrong e-mail address.