[cups.general] Setting Timeout on Queued Print Jobs

Luís Filipe Lobo ellobo at ipb.pt
Tue May 11 03:15:32 PDT 2004

Hi!

Often in my network users tend to send jobs to a printer and 'forget' about them, which prevents other users
to correctly use the printers.

One common behavior of users in my network is to send jobs without checking if someone is printing. So when
they put the paper on the printer and see the output is not what they expected, they remove the paper, which
causes a mess...

I thought about a TimeOut for the job in the printer queue, so when a user 'forgets' this job, it will be automatically
deleted after this TimeOut occurs if it is not completed successfully (i.e. printed to the last page). In the cupsd.conf
manual i don't see an option to set this, so I email to you.

I don't know if these makes any sense, but I need a solution to the problem that don't implies me to hit the
refresh button each 3 minutes on the server admin page.

Thanks in advance,
LL

PS: Sorry about the English... hope I explained my self :)