[cups.general] Cups

Guenther Frick gfrick at gmx.net
Sun May 9 07:32:58 PDT 2004

Bernd Schubert wrote:

> Another funny story is that the cups http configuration frontend doesn't
> list all drivers. For the epson stylus C82 only the non-working
> (Cups+gimprint) driver is listed, but not the working driver
> (foomatic+gimprint-ijs). Without the kde-printing manager I even wouldn't
> have known about the other driver, since even its ppd is not listed at
> linuxprinting.org.

Robert Kravitz, one of the authors of Gimp-Print, asked the
linuxprinting.org people to remove all PPDs of Gimp-Print since they
will be generated during compiling Gimp-Print.
He complained that people would download the PPD files and wonder why
the printer would not work. He said also that the IJS interface for the
driver is unnecessary. So don' worry.
If I'm not wrong then Foomatic + IJS don't need the CUPS RIP interface
in ESP Ghostscript. So what you should do is:
Replace AFLP Ghostscript by ESP Ghostscript. Then Gimp-Print should
work.