[cups.general] cups printing to Windows IPP Server

Jakub Troszok troszok at nomachine.com
Wed May 19 04:50:04 PDT 2004

Hello,
Thank you for your previous answers.

Now I would like to print using CUPS on printers that are
attached to Windows machines.

I've got Windows 2000 Server with IIS and IPP but the
problem is that everytime I want to print something I
got client-not-authorized error.

I cannot configure my cups client applications to connect
to windows server. I changed the .cupsrc and exported
IPP_PORT variable but it doesn't work.
For example the KDE KPrint asks me about the username
and passwords but I got error anyway.
Is authentication not supported by CUPS or is it
problem of KDEPrint ?

I cannot configure a printer on cups server to connect
to windows server using the credentials.
I suppose it could be done
by changing the configuration file, but I don't want to
let/force users running their OpenOffice/KWord on my
linux box to change the CUPS config.

Do you plan to port CUPS also on Windows ?
The home versions of Windows are not able
to share their printers using the IPP protocol
so it would be nice if we could use CUPS both
on Linux/Unix and Windows platforms.

--
Jakub Troszok <troszok at nomachine.com>
http://www.nomachine.com