[cups.general] Printing to Windows

Michael Banta mbanta at bantacomputers.com
Fri May 7 15:36:35 PDT 2004

Hello.

I am having a problem getting things to print from a MDK9.2 box to a Windows XP box using an HP psc1200 printer.

I appear to successfully authenticate to the windows machine using the URI of:
smb://user:password@computername/hppsc120

When I send a print job from linux, say lp <namedprinter> test.file,   It immediately shows up on the windows printer queue, and then immmediately gives an error and stops and sits in the queue.

So everything appears to work, but then the print jobs errors out on the windows side.  Very strange to me.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mike