error: release job thru browser

rjohnson at jwortham.com rjohnson at jwortham.com
Mon May 10 12:38:30 PDT 2004

I have just installed cups 1.1.20. It passes the conformance tests. The configuration files are near virgin and the installed printer works.

BUT: If we submit a job (by shelling out on a web page with the "-o job-hold-until=indefinite" option), I can't release it thru the cups browser interface (http://localhost:631/jobs).  The job shows up; it has a release button; it can be released from the command line (We have a user population sharing printers, and they need to be able to release them from MS Windows boxes).

The output screen shows

"Error:

    client-error-forbidden"

At the moment I'm not knowingly restricting access to anything.  I've skimmed the messages on this forum and see nothing on point.
Any suggestions?

BTW - the Kde print manager can release it.