[cups.general] Incomplete output when printing this PDF

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri May 28 09:46:25 PDT 2004

ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca wrote:

> Hello Helge,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> I am using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 to print the PDF.  The XP users automatically
> download the printer drivers from Samba.  The drivers we are using for XP
> are the "CUPS driver for Windows: version 5.0rc3".
>
> Can you please advise?
>
> much appreciated,
> Ryan
>
> > The PDF itself is OK - just printed the complete PDF successfully using
> > CUPS 1.1.19.
> > What is the application you used to print from XP? What printer driver
> > are
> > you using on XP?

I just printed it from an XP box using Acrobat 6 and a CUPS controlled
printer
via Samba. But the CUPS for Windows I use is the previous version (the
NT4 kernel
mode driver). This works perfectly.

Helge

PS:

BTW, we trashed the "joint Adobe Microsoft desaster" driver due to
severe
issues with Type1 fonts.

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com